Come hack the future with us
WHEN: Friday 18th & Saturday 19th November. From 5pm Friday until 7pm Saturday.
WHERE: 1st Floor, Cottons Centre, Tooley Street, London, SE1 2QG
THE CHALLENGE: Make interest rates more interesting
Did we almost lose you at ‘interest rates’?
Help us change that – and make finance exciting.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
The Zopathon will be the best 24-hour opportunity to push fintech forward this year. Work with some of the best product, business and tech minds in the London fintech scene, from inside and outside Zopa. We want to hear that great idea you never got round to pitching. And give a platform to great ideas and smart solutions. There's food and drink all night long. Cool prizes for the winners. And a lot of fun.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We want developers, product people, designers and anyone with ideas.
WHAT WILL HAPPEN ON THE DAY?
Turn up with your ideas at 5pm. We'll start with an introduction to some of the APIs we'll be providing, then there'll be a pitching session and everyone can sign up to the idea they like the best. Bring your own laptop, but we'll provide the rest: whiteboards, sofas, datasets, APIs, our riverside London Bridge office with inspiring views, lots of coffee and free food.
- 5-6pm: Welcome to Zopathon and API inspiration
- 6-7.30pm: Meet your team, brainstorming and dinner
- 7.30-8pm: Chance to test your ideas with our panel
- 8pm onwards: All hands on deck…
- 7.30-10am: Breakfast available
- 12.30-2pm: Lunch available
- 5-6.30pm: Demos to our judges
- 6.30-7pm: Presentations and prizes
EVERYTHING ELSE YOU NEED TO KNOW
1. What do I need to bring?
- Ideas, energy and enthusiasm!
- Towel (there will be access to showers)
- Sleeping bag if you want to stay over (this is optional and we will also have some available on the night!)
2. What will Zopa provide?
- An introduction to several great financial APIs including the Zopa API and several from our partners including Stripe and Yodlee
- Food and drink all through the day and night
- Showers / hygiene kits and lots of giveaways
- Great team mates and lots of fun
3. What are the judging criteria?
You will be judged equally on the following criteria…
- Customer impact
- Team work and execution
- Demo and presentation
4. What can I win?
There will be prizes for top 3 teams: the team that places first gets Drones each (or equivalent Amazon vouchers), the runners up will get fitbits or the amazon dot.
5. Who are our partners?
We have Amazon, Yodlee and Stripe confirmed.
6. When will I know I definitely have a place?
Everyone should have received an email confirming their place. If you are still unsure then email email@example.com
7. Do I have to stay all night?
We’ll be open but it's up to you! We will have designated rest areas so you can take a break when you need to.
8. What if I don’t have an idea?
We will have a number of short presentations at the beginning of the night to help get the creative juices flowing but it’s a team effort so once you meet your team you will have an hour to decide on your idea before you .
9. Can I come on my own?
Yes absolutely – we will be forming the teams on the night so you have the chance to work with new people and learn new things – we have a mix of Zopians and external people interested in fintech.
10. When will i know my team?
It will be decided on the night – we will put teams together with a balance of product, design, dev and datascience skill sets to make sure you have everything you need to turn your idea into a product!
Got another question? Ask us! firstname.lastname@example.org